- Date : 24 October 2019
- Location : 150 Collins Street Melbourne
- Time : 8:45am
- Cost : Members $ 350.00 | Non Members $450.00
You are not logged in. LOG IN for member discount pricing
Register now for the best Technical SMSF Day of the year! Tickets are limited and early bird rates apply. This year the agenda features:
- ATO - hear from Dana Fleming, Assistant Commissioner, ATO and seize the opportunity to ask questions
- Nicole Mitchell, Principal Adviser, Retirement Income Policy Division will provide an update from Treasury on the Goverment's priorities for SMSFs
- Non arms length income (NALI) - where are we at? This presentation by Simon Tisher, Barrister, Victoria Bar will examine the existing NALI rules as well as the proposed extension of NALI to capture non-arm’s length expenses
- Super and Estate Planning Part 1 - conflict of interest cases. In this first of a two part session, Phil Broderick will examine recent developments case law in relation to superannuation death benefits – conflicts of interest.
- Estate Planning 2 - A lively panel discussion featuring Daniel Butler, DBA Lawyers, Julie Dolan, KPMGs SMSF expert and Tim Wedd Crystal Wealth Partners
- Tech and Reg update - Nick Ali from Superconcepts will cover what has happened in the last 12 months in super from a technical and regulatory point of view.
- LRBAs and alternative lending strategies- Andrea Carrick will present on the current legal position and updates. The panel (Arthur Naoumidis, Domacom, Per Amundsen, Thinktank and Phil Broderick, Sladen Legal) will then examine the current state of play with limited recourse borrowing arrangements (LRBAs) and potential alternative leveraging strategies for SMSFs
- In the SMSF’s driver’s seat - Bryan Ashenden builds on our popular licensing session from the 2018 SISFA forum. We will look in the rear view mirror at the failings from the Royal Commission, and set the GPS for navigating through FASEA and other known and potential regulatory speedbumps on the horizon.